Making recycling possible…
Managing waste for wealth is an important mechanism that could be achieved through recycling in an air compressor producing factories. The importance of this activity informed the core notion of this article. We shall, therefore, examine some of the processes or means of recycling in an air compressor factor. It should be stated that the primary component of dry atmospheric air is ~78% nitrogen and ~21% oxygen, with the remaining ~1% being made up of argon, carbon dioxide and trace amounts of other gases. To this end, gases separation are made possible in an air separation where the air is condensed, cooled and separated by molecular weight in a “cold box.”
In most air compressor producing companies, the gases are compressed for storage, transportation and can be used for further processing.
Key Processes of Recycling in An Air Compressor Company
The following are the key materials or processes to be undertaken in undergoing recycling:
- Availability of Exclusive Materials
Towards recycling in an air compressor company, there is a need for the availability of materials that will make the process hitch-free. These entail having materials such as stainless, copper, brass, wire, among others. It is important to note that these materials must be available in a precise and accurate quantity as needed for processing.
- Applying Catalytic units reactor section air purging and gas blanketing
In the process of applying the reactor section, there is a need to adhere to the instructions by the licenser. These entail the following:
- Evaluating the reactor circuit to the lowest attainable pressure.
- Hold the vacuum for 1–2 h to check for tightness of the unit.
- Introduce nitrogen to the system at the discharge of recycle gas compressor and pressure the reactor circuit to a positive pressure
- Repair or amend the leaks that are discovered. Thereafter, repeat the vacuum test until a good vacuum can be held.
- Introduce nitrogen at the discharge of the recycle gas compressor and pressure the reactor circuit to a positive pressure of 10–35 kPa [0.1–0.35 bar (ga)]. The purge nitrogen needs to contain less than 100 ppm oxygen.
- Pull the vacuum on the system twice more, pressuring each time with nitrogen.
- At the end of the last vacuum, pressure the reactor circuit using nitrogen to the barest minimum pressure so as to achieve the recycling gas compressor operation. Mind you this should not be higher than the allowable percentage of the reactor shop test pressure.
- Avert from pulling a vacuum on the compressors, but leave them blocked in. It is expected that the compressors must be thoroughly purged with nitrogen and maintained under nitrogen pressure so as to incorporate hydrogen into the unit.
The foregoing materials and processes are the necessary steps required towards recycling in an air compressor company for their fittings. More importantly, there is a need for strict adherence to the quantity and measure so as to achieve optimal result and output. It is believed that you will utilize this article to your advantage.